Friday, May 30, 2014

READING RECOMMENDATIONS FOR SUMMER - KIDS

While I am wrapping up the school year, here are some of my favorite books for kids that you might enjoy this summer!

PICTURE BOOKS
Silly Doggy!
Silly Doggy - This hilarious picture book was a hit when I first read it, and it has been a hit every time I have read it to students. It even gets a sequel later this year! You can read my review here.

The Princess and the Pig
The Princess and the Pig - Another hilarious picture book. Kids and parents alike will enjoy this one. You can read my review here.

The Really, Really, Really Big Dinosaur
The Really, Really, Really Big Dinosaur - a fun take on a bullying storyline. I'm not sure who enjoys this one more, me or my students. You can read more about it here.

MIDDLE GRADE
The False Prince (Ascendance Trilogy Series #1)
The False Prince - This is the first book in a great series. When the third book came out this year, I had students and staff fighting over the opportunity to check it out first. You can read more about the first book here.

Because of Mr. Terupt
Because of Mr. Terupt - This is a great school story and the sequel was just as good. You can read about both books here.

The Candymakers
The Candymakers - One of my favorite books to recommend to students. Check out my review here.

Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library
Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library - This is one of my go-to books for kids. When someone asks for a recommendation, this is one of the books I suggest over and over. You can read my review here.

Almost Super
Almost Super - I fell in love with this book and immediately bought a copy for the school library. Every student who has tried this has finished it in a matter of days and enjoyed it. Check out my review here.

TEENS
Also Known As
Also Known As - I don't do a lot of reading for teens, but I was intrigued by this one and loved it when I read it. You can read my review here.

Steelheart (B&N Exclusive Edition)
Steelheart - The other memorable book for teens/young adults that I have read recently is this one. It is a great super powers story, though darker than most of the books I usually read. You can see my review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment