Tuesday, May 20, 2014

TIGER TALES WEEK - Board Books, Day 2

Roar: A Big-mouthed Book of Sounds!   My Book of Opposites

Two other great board book formats from the folks at Tiger Tales. In Roar and a similar book, Zoom, there's a circle cut out of each page in the same spot, and the circle gets smaller as the reader works through the book. Each page hits at the animal or other picture coming on the next page. The text rhymes and makes for a cute story.

In My Book of Opposites and a similar book, My Book of Counting, includes lovely pictures and minimal text. In some cases the pictures go beyond the text. Those pictures could be used by adults to expose the children to additional vocabulary. All four of these books would make great additions to a picture book library or gift ideas.

Roar - 5 out of 5 stars
Zoom - 4 out of 5 stars
My Book of Opposites - 4 out of 5 stars
My Book of Counting - 4 out of 5 stars

* I received these books from the publisher for free in the hope that I would review them honestly on my blog. Regardless, I only review books I enjoyed. I don’t believe in passing on negative reviews. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment