Thursday, October 9, 2014

THE GREEDY KING: A TALE FROM ANCIENT GREECE by Mitchell Biesemeyer


Based on a classic story from Greece, the story is told of a rich and greedy king who wanted to prove he was the happiest man in the world because of his great wealth. A wise Greek man puts things in perspective and the king, eventually, learns some things about true happiness.

Cute illustrations. Historic notes in the back give some context for the story. Good message about the path to true happiness (sharing/helping others, contentment). This is definitely more of a "message" story than a "get lost in the story" sort of book.

3.5 out of 5 stars
No AR reading level at the time of this writing

* I received an electronic copy of this book from the author for free in the hope that I would review it honestly on my blog. Regardless, I only review books I enjoyed. I don’t believe in passing on negative reviews. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment