Friday, September 19, 2014

LEROY NINKER SADDLES UP by Kate DiCamillo

Leroy Ninker Saddles Up: Tales from Deckawoo Drive, Volume One

Leroy Ninker, reformed thief from the Mercy Watson series, is a cowboy in need of a horse - and he finds Maybelline through a newspaper ad. She may be old and missing some teeth, but Leroy loves her. There are three rules to life with Maybelline, though, and there will be trouble if Leroy forgets them.

Cute story that will appeal to fans of the Mercy Watson series as well as readers who are ready for illustrated transitional chapter books. My students who have been begging for more Mercy Watson stories will be pleased to get this in our library.

3 out of 5 stars
AR Reading level of 3.7

* I received an electronic copy of this book from the publisher for free in the hope that I would review it honestly on my blog. Regardless, I only review books I enjoyed. I don’t believe in passing on negative reviews. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment