Wednesday, September 17, 2014

THE FOURTEENTH GOLDFISH by Jennifer L. Holm

The Fourteenth Goldfish

Ellie is entering middle school when a teenage family member moves into her house - her grandfather. A scientist, Melvin has figured out how to turn himself from a 77-year-old man to a 13-year-old boy. And living with him introduces Ellie to her passion - science.

This book is lovely. It's about family. It's about aging, the cycle of life, the beauty and consequences of science. It's about identity and finding your passion. Ellie is a wonderful, insightful character. She shows great observation of her experiences and the things happening around her.

5 out of 5 stars
No AR reading level at the time of this writing.

* I received an electronic copy of this book from the publisher for free in the hope that I would review it honestly on my blog. Regardless, I only review books I enjoyed. I don’t believe in passing on negative reviews. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment