Monday, September 22, 2014

GOODNIGHT FOOTBALL by Michael Dahl

Goodnight Football

A family enjoys an evening football game.

This was so cute! The text is fairly simple. The illustrations are lovely, with great color. There's no definition of the football terms (sack, third and one, end zone); it is not an informational text (but it could have been with a little tweaking). The goal was obviously to write a goodnight story and an ode to football, family and fun at the game. The family at the center of the story seems to be African-American, and the crowd illustrations show some diversity. Bottom line: This is a cozy lap book, perfect for football season. It would work for fans of high school, college and/or professional football.

4 out of 5 stars
AR Reading level of 1.8

* I received an electronic copy of this book from the publisher for free in the hope that I would review it honestly on my blog. Regardless, I only review books I enjoyed. I don’t believe in passing on negative reviews. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment