Wednesday, July 30, 2014

INGREDIENTS OF YOUNG OUTLIERS by John Shufeldt

Ingredients of Young Outliers: Achieving Your Most Amazing Future

This is written for teens and young adults to encourage them to develop character qualities that will help them stand out from the crowd. These qualities are highlighted to help students maximize their potential and become "an outlier" - someone who can achieve "extreme success." Qualities include integrity, gratitude, perseverance, guts, etc. Really, readers of any age could read this and find something for personal growth.

This was well done! It has a friendly tone and is story-based. Lots of inspirational quotes - I jotted a bunch of those down! The chapters are short which would make this a great small group or classroom resource. This would make a great graduation gift or a tool to use in a mentoring relationship or between parent and child.

4 out of 5 stars

* I received an electronic copy of this book from the publisher for free in the hope that I would review it honestly on my blog. Regardless, I only review books I enjoyed. I don’t believe in passing on negative reviews. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment