Friday, July 25, 2014

I AM ROSA PARKS by Brad Meltzer

I am Rosa Parks

This is book three in Brad Meltzer's fabulous Ordinary People Change the World series. I love these biographies because they focus on character qualities rather than just a recitation of life events. In this volume, the famous story of Rosa on the bus is just one example in a series of situations in which she stands up personally and/or publicly for what is right.

I highly recommend this series for school libraries and elementary classrooms. These are short enough to read aloud to a class. Perfect for close reading/active literacy and also for classroom units on kindness and other character qualities.

5 out of 5 stars
No AR level at the time of this writing

Future stories in this series:
I am Albert Einstein     I am Jackie Robinson
   Sept 16, 2014             Jan 8, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment