Friday, May 23, 2014

TIGER TALES WEEK - Picture Books, Day 1

Lots of great picture books coming from Tiger Tales this spring. In fact, there are so many I'm going to review some today and the rest tomorrow.

Jack and the Jelly Bean Stalk

Jack trades his cow for gold and his gold for jellybeans. The beans grow a beanstalk that leads Jack to a giant. Cute, colorful illustrations. Small twist to familiar story. 3 stars

I Can Do It!

Sweet story of a toddler reveling in finding things he can do for himself, but he struggles when there are things he still can't do. Textured cover and pages. Same bear and bunny as the padded board book about using the potty. 4 stars

We Love You, Hugless Douglas!

As Douglas helps one of his friends he starts to feel lonely because he doesn't have a best friend. Sweet friendship story from familiar characters. 4 stars

That Dog!

A spectacular dog living with a grumpy family who doesn't appreciate him runs away to become all he can be. Other than running away, the dog shows great initiative and compassion, and his skills lead him to a family who will love him. 3 stars

Mom's the Word

Sweet book about all the wonderful things moms are. Clever, great illustrations. Set up to be used as a gift book, including a dedication page. 3 stars

* I received these books from the publisher for free in the hope that I would review them honestly on my blog. Regardless, I only review books I enjoyed. I don’t believe in passing on negative reviews. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment