Saturday, May 24, 2014

TIGER TALES WEEK - Picture Books, Day 2

This is the last day for picture books, and the last day of Tiger Tales spring releases. Thanks again to the fantastic publisher, Tiger Tales, for the opportunity to review these excellent books!

Mommy's Little Sunflowers

Two little mice want to grow a tall sunflower for Mommy. Sweet story, great soft/cuddly illustrations. Nice depiction of the enthusiasm and "right now" attitudes of young children. Lovely. 4 stars

Dangerous

Mole loves to label everything he sees, but one object he labels doesn't behave at all the way Mole expects. Cutest book ever! I loved this one! Such a clever friendship story. Highly recommended! 5 stars

Big and Small

Two friends, Big and Small spend a day together and each ends up needing a little help from his friend. Darling illustrations by Jane Chapman. 4 stars

Scowl

Scowl is a grump and all the other animals try to get him to just be happy. The artwork is excellent and the cover really captures your attention. In my experience, middle elementary students (3rd/4th grade) really "get" Scowl. I was able to have a great conversation with students about how it feels to be in a grouchy mood and have others try to make you be happy. I highly recommend this one! 5 stars

* I received these books from the publisher for free in the hope that I would review them honestly on my blog. Regardless, I only review books I enjoyed. I don’t believe in passing on negative reviews. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment