Monday, December 9, 2013

ALL FUDGED UP by Nancy Coco

All Fudged Up

Allie McMurphy has her hands full getting the family hotel and fudge shop ready to open for the summer season on Mackinac Island. She planned to do all this with her grandfather for a few years before she ran it on her own. After his death a few months earlier, Allie is on her own. As if the pressure of that isn't enough, she finds a dead body in the hotel, and the community looks at her as if she's responsible. Allie is going to need her friends - old and new - if she is going to successfully open the family hotel and find a murderer. Includes recipes for fudge.

This was a fun story with a likable core group of characters. There was only minor sleuthing on Allie's part in this story, but the mystery was still good. The townies were frustrating in their prejudice against Allie, but the way that was fixed was great. One part of the crime felt really obvious when I was reading, but the big picture crime had some fun twists that made for a great story. I'm looking forward to reading more in this new series. Book two, To Fudge or Not to Fudge will be out some time in 2014.

4 out of 5 stars
Mild language

* I received a copy of this book from the publisher for free in the hope that I would review it honestly on my blog. Regardless, I only review books I enjoyed. I don’t believe in passing on negative reviews. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment