Wednesday, November 20, 2013

SKY JUMPERS by Peggy Eddleman

Sky Jumpers (Sky Jumpers Series #1)

Hope Toriella lives in a post-World War III world where Green Bombs have left a deadly gas around her community. The gas is called the Bomb's Breath. Hope is a dare devil who loves to sky jump through the Bomb's Breath. It's much better than enduring another invention competition where she is sure to fail miserably. When bandits invade the community to steal precious antibiotics and threaten everyone Hope holds dear, is she daring enough to brave the Bomb's Breath as well a horrendous winter storm to get to help?

I received an electronic review copy of this book from the publisher and it was a delight! I loved Hope! She is horrible at the one thing held in high regard in her community - inventing. No matter how many failed inventions she creates, she keeps coming back with hope that this year will be different. She is a great leader, but she doesn't realize the great qualities that she does bring to the community - but in this story she is going to learn. The world is well developed and explained, the danger of Hope's quest for help will keep readers turning pages. 

4 out of 5 stars
No AR reading level at this time

* I received this book from the publisher for free in the hope that I would review it honestly on my blog. Regardless, I only review books I enjoyed. I don’t believe in passing on negative reviews. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment