Wednesday, November 27, 2013

MAX STEEL: THE PARASITES by Brain Smith

Max Steel: The Parasites, Vol. 1
Max and Steel are fighting Toxzon at the mall when a strange man saves Max's friends, Kirby and Sydney. Max later learns the man was friends with Max's father, and he is determined to find him. When he does, he stumbles into a plot by Naught and Miles Dredd to capture former N-Tek agents and take N-Tek secrets. Max and Steel have to save the day.

Often graphic novels like this are re-tellings of TV episodes. My son is a fan of the Disney XD show, Max Steel, and he says he has not seen an episode that looks like this before. The book is faithful to the show and assumes previous knowledge. My passing knowledge of the show (I'm sometimes in the room when my son is watching it but I don't actually watch the show myself) was sufficient to follow the story.

3 out of 5 stars
There's no AR reading level at this time



I'll be taking a blogging break for the Thanksgiving holiday - see you on Monday!!

* I received this book from the publisher for free in the hope that I would review it honestly on my blog. Regardless, I only review books I enjoyed. I don’t believe in passing on negative reviews. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment