Friday, January 25, 2013

NON-FICTION: While You Were Sleeping by Steve Murrie and Matthew Murrie


Because I reviewed a previous book by these authors, they emailed me and offered to send me this volume to review as well. I happily received their autographed copy for our school library, zipping through it in one sitting. The book contains "bite-sized" facts about sleep, from what your body does while you are sleeping to what happens in nature and in space at night. Great animal facts, space facts (Did you know there are Legos on their way to Jupiter?) and information about popular culture. The short passages will appeal to kids who want quick reads or who like to pick and choose the facts that are interesting to them. I can see my almanac-lovers racing to check this out from the library.

4 out of 5 stars

Recommended for: readers in 3rd grade and up, non-fiction fans, fans of animal facts or space facts or facts about human physiology. Also for fans of books with quick-read information like almanacs and world record books. This will be one they will read and run off with so they can show their friends what they just learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment