Monday, January 28, 2013

FICTION for ADULTS: Enchanted Inc Series by Shanna Swendson

Once upon Stilettos  Damsel under Stress  Don't Hex with Texas

A few weeks ago I posted a review of the first book in this series, Enchanted, Inc. I have posted about this series before as I read it a few years ago. At the time, there were only four books in the series and the publisher had decided not to publish anymore. But I found out recently that there are now two more books in the series. So I re-read these, on my Nook, and I have the next two downloaded and ready to read next.

As I mentioned with book one, this is a series about a regular woman caught up in a magical world of wizards and gargoyles and fairies. Katie is a "magical immune." Magic doesn't work on her; she sees through the illusions and magical deceptions, which makes her an asset at her magical corporation.

In Once Upon Stilettos, Katie starts to lose her magical immunity just as she's trying to track down a spy in the company, which makes her vulnerable to the spells of their enemies.

In Damsel Under Stress, an inept fairy godmother does NOT help Katie and her crush get together, and she complicates their efforts to find out what their enemy is up to in the magical world.

In Don't Hex with Texas, Katie has gone home to protect Owen from having to choose between fighting their enemies or protecting her. But in what Katie thought was the least magical place on earth, magical things start happening and Katie needs her magical friends to help her sort things out before her family discovers everything.

I have enjoyed the series as much in my re-read as I did the first time through. And I'm even more excited this time because I have two more volumes to enjoy (and #5 is considerably longer than these - so more great story yet to come!!)

4 out of 5 stars for books two through four.

Recommended for: fans of "light" paranormal romance. There's a little language in books three and four, but the story line is not violent or "dark" in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment