Wednesday, July 25, 2012

MYSTERY for ADULTS: 50% Off Murder by Josie Belle

Maggie Gerber and her friends are master bargain shoppers. They call themselves the Good Buy Girls. When one of their own is accused of murder, the girls go from hunting for bargains to hunting for a killer.

Review - I loved this story! I really enjoyed the characters. They would be women I would hang out with. The back story of the main characters - widow, Maggie; new sheriff (and Maggie's old flame); and to a lesser extent the town shrew who pops up to make Maggie miserable - is doled out at a great pace. I figured out the killer without any trouble, but I so enjoyed the characters, I didn't care. I've already put two stars by the sequel (Deal to Die For, December 31) on my upcoming releases list. I can't wait for more in this series.

I was pleased to discover that "Josie Belle" is actually Jenn Mckinlay who also writes a library lovers series and a cupcake series under who own name as well as a decoupage series under the name Lucy Lawrence. If all her books have characters like these, I know I am going to enjoy them.

4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment