Monday, March 26, 2012

TIGER TALES Week: Uh Oh, Oh No AND Do Touch Don't Touch

 

It's Tiger Tales week! This is the week when I share new releases sent to me by the publisher, Tiger Tales, to review. We'll start with two padded-cover board books for little readers.


In Uh-oh! Oh No! by Ann Hodgman, a chain reaction disaster starts when the baby drops his milk. Kids would probably get a kick out of this but I was distracted, feeling sorry for the poor dad in the story. This control-freak mom had a hard time enjoying this one, but I know other moms who would get a kick out of it.


I enjoyed Do Touch! Don't Touch more. Pictures illustrate safe things to touch like yarn and the kitty. The don't touch items include a hot stove, an outlet, a vase, and trash. I would have liked this one more if there were a few more "do touch" options. I would share these with a church nursery program or day care. I would also share Do Touch with friends who have new babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment