Friday, May 20, 2011

FRIDAY: Alien in the Family

Summary 
Kitty and Martini are engaged. The wedding is (slowly) being planned. But signs of an incoming invasion are making it very hard to focus on pre-wedded bliss. Looks like Kitty will have to pass some serious tests if she wants to marry into the royal family of Alpha Centauri, because Martini is in line for the throne.


Review
My summaries are getting shorter and shorter because I don't want to give anything away from book to book. Really enjoyed this one. There's a chess analogy that is brilliant (and I don't even play chess, but I could follow along without trouble). Great new characters, plenty of interesting family dynamics for both Kitty and Martini, and some religious references and insights in this volume that I thought really added great detail to the story. Terrifically intricate plot pulls the reader from page to page. So many "people" and circumstances in this one are not what they seem to be, making for a great stay-up-all-night-to-finish story.
4.5 out of 5 stars

Recommended for: Readers who like paranormal/science-fiction stories with romance and great characters.

Cautions: Adult romantic relationships described in detail.


[I am an Amazon Associate. If you link to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a small portion of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment