Friday, March 4, 2011

FRIDAY: Royal Blood

Summary 
Lady Georgiana Rannoch - penniless, but 34th in line to the throne - has a choice to make. Stay in London with her brother "Binky" and horrible sister-in-law, "Fig" or travel to Transylvania for a royal wedding. The wedding would require Georgie to take on a clueless maid, bossy chaperone, Prince Siegfried (a fish-lipped bore who wants to marry her), and a murderer.  Well, Binky and Fig are pretty awful!

Review

I don't generally read books set in the past - I'm more of a future/sci-fi reader, but I love Georgie's spunk. She uses great creativity in her penniless, jobless circumstances, and her relationship with the Queen is always interesting. The mystery is well done - keeps the reader guessing. Characters are well-written and delineated, secondary characters are interesting, and I found the vampire/werewolf pieces amusing.



4 out of 5 stars

Recommended for: mystery fans, historical mystery readers, fans of stories including British/European royalty


Cautions: none

[I am an Amazon Associate. If you link to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a small portion of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment