Monday, January 24, 2011

MONDAY: Revolve 2010

Summary

Magazine-format New Testament geared to teen and pre-teen girls. Content includes the Bible verses as well as "interviews" with Bible characters, verses in "text"- like spelling, stories of real teens that relate to Bible messages or are inspiring on their own, and Bible-related pieces by famous teens.

Full-color layout includes reprints of key phrases, like you would find in a magazine article.


Review

I have had this on my shelf from the publisher (I am a reviewer for Thomas Nelson) for a year. Now that I have taken the time to go through it, I am sad that it took me this long to read and review it. This is a very clever concept. Visually appealing, comfortable layout, and just plain cool. I would give this to my nieces or to the girls I teach and I think they would love it. In fact, I plan to take my copy to school so my writing students can check it out. Not only is it a good New Testament resource, but the layout and sidebar ideas could give them ideas for their own writing projects.



4.5 out of 5 stars

Recommended for: teen and pre-teen girls, youth pastors/youth workers for small group study or to have on a table for students to peruse.


Cautions: none





[I am an Amazon Associate. If you link to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a small portion of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment