Friday, January 21, 2011

FRIDAY: Loco Motive

Summary

Judith and Renie head out on a train ride to Boston just in time for Judith to get away from the disasterous stay of an old daredevil at her bed-and-breakfast (he breaks an arm and leg jumping off her roof!). But the daredevil, his entourage, and his trouble follow the cousins on the cross-country train ride. Before it is done there will be two dead bodies, numerous secret identities and a whole lot of trouble for Judith and Renie.

Review

I jumped into this one fairly easily - I have read almost every other book in the series and the main characters are just as enjoyable (and ornery) as ever. The story itself was odd - lots of twists and turns. The banter between the cousins was dizzying at times and I would skip ahead. The solution to the mystery and the secret identities were tricky to follow. I'm not sure I could tell you how it all worked out even though I finished the book.



3 out of 5 stars

Recommended for: those who have read and enjoyed other books in the series. I would recommend the series to cozy-mystery fans, but I would start with some of the earlier stories rather than this one.


Cautions: some language





[I am an Amazon Associate. If you link to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a small portion of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment