Friday, January 14, 2011

FRIDAY: Naked Heat

Summary

Castle is one of my favorite TV shows, and I love mysteries, so I had to try out the books from the series. I reviewed the first book here


Once again, detective Nikki Heat is reluctantly partnered with journalist Jameson Rook in the investigation of the murder of a famous tabloid-type journalist, Cassidy Towne. Towne's job lends to a plethora of viable murder suspects. Heat will need Rook's research on the victim (he was working on a profile of her when she died) and all of her wits to slog through motives and alibis to catch a killer

Review

I had a hard time to get into the rhythm of this book. I don't know if that is because of the book or just because I was trying to read it when I had several other demands on my time and attention. I still enjoy the interplay of the characters. The author has done a good job, in my opinion, of capturing the "voice" of the characters from the TV show. The mystery was good, with plenty of suspects to choose from as well as plot twists and turns. If you like the show, check out the books for some fun reading.



3 out of 5 stars

Recommended for: fans of the TV Show, mystery fans


Cautions: Language and "grown up" situations and innuendo





[I am an Amazon Associate. If you link to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a small portion of the purchase price.]

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I found you through the Comment Challenge. I love these tie-ins to the TV show, but I had the same trouble with the first one that you had with this one. It was tough getting started. But I have a feeling I'll still end up reading this one sometime this year. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love Castle too! What a fantastic show! I have the books, but I haven't read them yet - though my husband has. I love the idea that there a real books that connect to the series.

    Do you follow Nathan Fillon on Twitter? He's great and makes some jokes that get into the TV show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this show but these seem strange to me. Who is really writing them? They just seem more like a joke than an actual BOOK. (Not that I've read one). Fun show, though. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete