Friday, November 26, 2010

FRIDAY: Gift Ideas


We have also enjoyed digging into The 39 Clues Book 1:The Maze of Bones this year.

I continue to be a big fan of Andrew Clements (Frindle, No Talking), the Roscoe Riley series (Roscoe Riley Rules #1: Never Glue Your Friends to Chairs), and Stink and Judy Moody books (Stink: The Super-Incredible Collection: Books 1-3, Judy Moody Goes to College (Book #8)).

My nieces have thoroughly enjoyed the Rainbow Fairies (Rainbow Magic Books 1-7 Boxset) - and they now have some early reader books out, too (Rainbow Magic: The Rainbow Fairies (Scholastic Reader Level 2)). For older girls, I also liked The Princess Plot, Princess Academy, and The Red Blazer Girls: The Ring of Rocamadour.

I think it is harder to make recommendations on books for adults - different readers like different genres. I have a lot of mystery authors I love - Donna Andrews (Meg Langslow series), Joanna Carl (Chocoholics), Joanne Fluke (Hannah Swendson series), and others you can find here.

Do you have some "go to" books for the holidays? I'd love to hear about them.

[I am an Amazon Associate. When you connect to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment