Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Waiting for WEDNESDAY: Gift Ideas

As Thanksgiving and Black Friday approach, I thought I would share some gift ideas for the upcoming holidays. Of course, you can always check out the recommendations I made last year

For the youngest readers this year, I would recommend:
Hello, Bugs! (Black and White Sparklers) and Hello, Animals! (Black and White Sparklers) from Tiger Tales. These board books are enchanting. When I received my review copies from Tiger Tales this fall, these were the books I had to examine first. They are primarily black and white. Each page has one additional color in a shiny metallic finish - gold, red, green or blue. Each page says "Hello, ____" with the animal/bug's name and then two words for what the critter is doing - "chew, moo" for example. My eye was immediately drawn to the color scheme of these books and the flash of metallic color. These are my new "go to" books for new babies.
We also enjoy giving Heroes (Star Wars) and Spaceships (Star Wars) to new baby boys. This year we sent one to a new baby named Luke - his father loved getting to say, "Luuuuke, I am your faaaather."

You also can't go wrong - in my opinion - with an Elephant and Piggie book from Mo Willems. Our favorites are There Is a Bird On Your Head! (An Elephant and Piggie Book) and I Am Invited to a Party! (An Elephant and Piggie Book).

You can always check out my past reviews here (when I was focusing just on picture books) or here (which looks at any books for children) for more options.

Come back Friday for a few more gift ideas! And Happy Holidays!

[I am an Amazon Associate. When you connect to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment