Friday, August 6, 2010

FRIDAY: The Long Quiche Goodbye

Charlotte Bessette and her family have developed an amazing cheese and wine shop. But everything they have built is put in jeopardy when a body is found outside their shop and Charlotte's grandmere is accused of murder.

Good, chunky story with fun cheese facts and lots of suspects. I did have trouble keeping track of some of the secondary characters, which was about my only complaint (oh, and the weird behavior of the best friend and the cousin, which was sorted out about half way though. I was glad it didn't drag through the whole book). I loved the main characters - Charlotte, her grandparents, her staff at the shop, her cousin's daughters, the chief of police and the love interest. All were great, clearly defined characters. I can't wait to see what happens to all of them next - there were hints to some back stories that could open up new story lines in the future. The mystery kept me guessing right up to the reveal.

[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.]

1 comment: