Thursday, August 5, 2010

THURSDAY: Connecting Boys with Books

It's no secret that boys, on the average, are struggling at school. This book, targeting librarians, but useful for teachers and parents, addresses the needs of boys in relation to books - as tools to help with overall learning/education as well as tools for negotiating social scenarios and the ups and downs of life.

I found this little gem on the shelves of my local library. It includes recommendations of books for boys, areas boys gravitate toward for reading (non-fiction, humor, fantasy/SciFi),and ways to make libraries welcoming (times/spaces for snacks/talking, after school programming, male staff, chess/gaming activities, reading challenges, etc.). Lots of recommended books I can't wait to try. 

[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment