Thursday, April 29, 2010

THURSDAY: The Art of Eating In

A woman living in New York City decided to forgo all the amazing restaurants in her city and instead eat at home - and she blogs about it.

Now she's written a book about her experience and how it impacted the rest of her life (How do you date when you don't eat out?)

I enjoyed reading about Cathy's journey. She experienced all sorts of interesting things like dumpster diving at stores and restaurants as they throw out things they don't sell, as well as community tours to learn what to eat in the "wilds" of her city. Her particular brand of cookie is a pretty "fussy" for someone like me who doesn't even like to cook the simple things. But reading the book did inspire me to want to eat in more often.

Check out The Art of Eating In. 

[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment