Monday, April 26, 2010

MONDAY: Miss Brooks Loves Books

I couldn't pass this book up! It would have fit in nicely with the picture books I talked about for Library Week, but I wanted this one to stand on its own.

The little girl in the story - Missy - is not impressed with the librarian, Miss Brooks and her silly stories and silly costumes. She finds the books her peers like to be "too flowery," "too furry," or "too pink."

But one day she discovers a book that is the perfect fit and Miss Brooks can't wait to help her find more.

I love the message of this book - there are books for every person and every interest and every taste. You may not like what I like, but there are books out there for you. And a friendly librarian somewhere will point you in the right direction. Check out Miss Brooks and Missy!

[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment