Friday, April 16, 2010

FRIDAY: The Front Porch Princess

I wasn't going to read this book. I had already read the second and third in the series and I had a fair idea of how this one was going to go. 

But then I remembered how much I liked the other two so I gave this one a shot, and I'm not sorry I did. 

Elsie's life didn't quite go like she planned. She was going to make it big, and do "something" with her life. Instead, she married a farmer and stayed in a small town. But she has bigger plans for her daughter - plans to see her break away like Elsie was never able to do.

But Elsie's daughter has her own plans, including entering her mom in a "Proverbs 31 Woman" pageant.  Through the pageant process, and through relationships with women around her, Elsie starts to see her life - and God - in a new way.

As I said, I was glad I went ahead and read this. I prefer the second and third books to this one - I liked their protagonists better - but the whole series was very good. I am strongly thinking about buying the whole set so I can read them whenever I want to spend a few hours in Pritchett, Wisconsin again. 

[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment