Tuesday, March 30, 2010

TUESDAY: Cybils Update

Awhile ago, I posted a list of books I want to read that came from the Cybils list - a list of outstanding books for young readers. I have completed a couple of the books from my list:

Cute rhyming easy reader about a group of dogs going to the groomers so they'll look nice for a group picture. Their grooming is disrupted by some cats sneaking into the shop which leads to a whole lot of chaos for the groomers.









Sherlock Holmes Baldwin - Sherry - is a tween on Spring Break in SanDiego. Not too unusual... except that she's trying to solve a mystery with her mother, who is a ghost, and her grandpa, whose spirit now inhabits a bird.

I liked this one, but didn't love it. I thought it was a great light-hearted paranormal story for kids - much better than the vampire-fare that is flooding the book market lately. The romantic subplot was sweet and fun. Sherry is a resourceful sleuth who adjusts well to the paranormal elements in her life. I would read the next book in the series, I So Don't Do Spooky.

[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment