Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Waiting on WEDNESDAY

Not surprisingly, I have more books waiting for my attention from the library. Here are a few more for younger readers that are tempting me to ignore my to do list and my family and the mounds of laundry.


Powerless by Matthew Cody. Daniel moves to a new town and makes some interesting friends... who have super powers!


I So Don't Do Mysteries by Barrie Summy. This is a book I have had on my list for awhile, but it is also one I want to read for the Cybil's Challenge. Sherry Holmes Baldwin has to solve a mystery for her mom. Sounds simple enough - except she describes her mom as a "supercop," so why should she need help from her daughter? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that her mom is a ghost.


Doom Machine by Mark Teague. Aliens, teenagers and a "doom machine." I couldn't pass this one up when I saw it at the library. If it is as good as I hope it will be, I know a group of kids who would love to read it!


The Extra-Ordinary Princess by Carolyn Ebbitt. Amelia is not your perfect princess - not like her older sisters. Thankfully, as the youngest, she shouldn't ever have to actually "rule" or anything, right? Not so. Amelia's evil uncle takes over the kingdom after the deaths of Amelia's parents and she is the only one to escape. Princess books for older girls can be a lot of fun! (Princess Academy and The Princess Plot are two of my favorites. I hope to post a review of The Princess Plot soon)


Alienated by Andrew Auseon. Boys with their own tabloid report on the aliens living among us, but their snooping leads them somewhere more serious than they ever expected to go.


Just reading the jackets of these books makes me want to curl up on the couch with them. I may have to let that laundry go a little longer!


[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.] 

2 comments:

  1. So--did you get your laundry done? ;) And were you ever able to track down any Church Mice books?

    The Doom Machine is in my TBR pile as well. I love Mark Teague as an illustrator, so I'm curious to see how he writes, having had a nice little taster with the Dear Mrs. LaRue books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, unfortunately the laundry got done instead of reading. And no, my library doesn't have the Church Mice books. Yes, I am hopeful about the Teague book as well. Have you ever read The Great Gracie Chase? That was our introduction to Mark Teague's illustrations.

    ReplyDelete