Friday, January 22, 2010

FRIDAY: What Do You Say to a Naked Elf?

"Plain Jane's" plain life becomes exciting very quickly when a car accident leads her to another world filled with elves, fairies, goblins and magic. Jane begins her journey accused of murder in a strange and foreign land. By the end she learns that she has more ties to this world that she ever could have imagined.

I would categorize this romance as "urban fantasy," not unlike one of my favorite books, Enchanted, Inc. (Katie Chandler, Book 1) by Shanna Swendson (a great series). What Do You Say to a Naked Elf is much steamier than Enchanted, Inc, so sensitive readers should consider themselves warned. Personally, I don't know if the steamy parts were really necessary. I felt like the story was interesting and compelling enough on its own. I like this style of fantasy story much more than the darker, creepier vampire/demon sorts of things that are popular these days. If you like lighter urban fantasy fare and the steamy sections of the story aren't going to bother you, check out What Do You Say to a Naked Elf

[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.] 

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fantasy reader, but your urban fantasy label is intriguing. I'll look for this one. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might want to do a search of that phrase and check out the books that come up. See if they are anything you are interested in.

    ReplyDelete