Monday, January 25, 2010

MONDAY: Grandpa Has Changed

Robert and his little sister, Jane, are going to visit their grandpa. Before they go, their mom tells them that Grandpa is sick. He has Alzheimer's. 

A small part of the "story" is told on each page. It shows examples of the memory losses and the kids' questions about what they experience with Grandpa and how he is different from how he used to be. 

This would be a great book for young kids who have a grandparent or favorite older person in their lives who is starting to lose their memory or moving deeper into the stages of Alzheimer's. It is a gently told story, which I appreciated for such a sensitive topic. The book includes games and ideas to help kids talk about Alzheimer's and to help older loved ones who are forgetting things. (I got this book at my local library.)


[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment