Thursday, January 21, 2010

THURSDAY: The Quilter's Catalog

One of my goals for 2010 is to make a quilt. I have scoured our library for quilting books and I stumbled across this one. It is a gem for quilters! 

The Quilter's Catalog includes an interesting and extensive list of the history of quilting and resources for quilters - tools for hand or machine quilting, finishing machines, websites, books, software, etc. It also includes instructions for twelve quilting projects at varying levels of difficulty. 

I haven't checked out all of the websites and events it lists to see how accurate they still are since this book is two years old. In the current economy, some things might have combined their efforts or folded. Regardless, this book is overflowing with information. If you are interested in quilting, this is a terrific resource!

[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.]

1 comment:

  1. quilting is a wonderful way to add spice to your house. I have quilts from my husbands grandmother, his mother, and I've quilted. My Granny quilted all the time and I have memories of helping her cut out quilt pieces. If you don't have it on your reading list, be sure to check Irene Latham's debut novel "Leaving Gee's Bend" it is a historial fiction and check out her blog http://irenelatham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete