Monday, January 11, 2010

BONUS BLOG!


This is an exciting time of year to be a book blogger. Book bloggers are kicking off all sorts of challenges for January or for the new year. You can go here for the details on the Support Your Local Library Challenge:

There are four levels:
--The Mini – Check out and read 25 library books.
--Just My Size – Check out and read 50 library books.
--Stepping It Up – Check out and read 75 library books.
--Super Size Me – Check out and read 100 library books.



I think I can pull of the "Super Size Me" by the end of the year without too much trouble!


There are a few other book-related challenges I am trying this year - 


TBR Challenge - choose one book per month from your "to be read" pile or list for more than 6 months and read it. I think my goal of reading one book per month from my stash of writing books should meet this challenge.


Cybils Award Challenge - The Cybils are for children's and YA books. I am going to follow the lead of another blogger and do the Pick a Number challenge, reading 5 books from most of the categories. I am still working on my lists for those. So many books look so good! 


I am also doing the Mother Reader Comment Challenge - This challenge is to comment on at least 5 book blogs (generally kidlit book blogs) every day for 3 weeks. I am discovering all sorts of great book resources thanks to this challenge.

7 comments:

  1. I like the suggestion for picking a number for the Cybils.

    I think I also can pull off that Super Size Me no problem (if I get to count the books I read to my children). The librarians who see me load up two huge bags w/books get me, but the people in line behind me don't -- thank goodness for self scan check-out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori - I am the same way at the library. This last weekend, my husband had to carry my book bag for me. I was using one of the big red canvas bags from Kohl's. Thankfully our library has a 99 book limit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! As a librarian, I'm glad to see you entered this challenge, and also the CYBILS reading, and the comment challenge ... I'll be back to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge! Love the library and love this challenge. So glad to have you join.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this challenge, I think I'm going to have to join!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So far I'm just doing the comment challenge. It's been a lot of fun, and I've found so many great new blogs to read. Just by working at the library, I think I'll managed to do the Library Reading Challenge, too! I never make it out of there without at least one book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caroline - I don't know that I have ever made it out of the library with less than a bagful of books! =-)

    ReplyDelete