Wednesday, December 16, 2009

WEDNESDAY: From Ordinary to Extraordinary


This is the devotional that my husband and I received this year for Christmas. Every year, my aunt and uncle send us a book for the holidays (along with new Christmas ornaments - and this year the box was full of holiday chocolate candy! Much better than packing peanuts!)

The devotional is based on two books by John MacArthur - Twelve Ordinary Men and Twelve Extraordinary Women. Both books are on my list of books to read, but I haven't gotten to either one yet. I think the devotional will be a great way to get into the material in smaller chunks.

I like to look at the entry for my birthday when looking at a new devotional. Since I have a December birthday, I wasn't surprised to see an entry about Mary, the mother of Jesus. In a very short entry, the devotion for the day reminds us of Mary's humble beginnings and also her great devotion to God. Thinking of what God did through Mary - a willing servant - I am reminded that God can work through me when I make myself available.

If you are looking for some devotional reading for the coming year, consider From Ordinary to Extraordinary.

[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment