Thursday, December 10, 2009

THURSDAY: MotherStyles


This book covers two of my favorite non-fiction topics in one - the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and parenting. A test is not included, but for those unfamiliar with personality type, the author describes the four main areas - Extraversion/Introversion, Sensing/iNtuition, Thinking/Feeling, and Judging/Perceiving - and the 16 types to help readers find a starting point.

Next, she talks about the strengths and struggles of each half of the four main areas and gives examples that readers can rate for their own lives. Then she talks about different letter combinations and how those deal with the everyday ups and downs of motherhood. Finally, she looks at personality differences between parents and children.

Because these are topics that interest me, I loved this book. I think more casual readers will enjoy it as well. There is a lot of insight to be gained from this book that can help mothers feel more prepared for the parenting journey.

[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment