Monday, December 21, 2009

MONDAY: Holiday Books for Young Children


Just a few Christmas title for young readers to kick off the holiday week.

The 12 Days of Christmas is a pop-up book. My son loves to look at it every year. The cut outs are simple and beautiful. The text will have you singing the song for weeks afterwards.

The Stable that Bob Built is a personal favorite. It works like The House that Jack Built, but it is all about a Christmas pageant that tells about the birth of Christ.

Auntie Claus is a picture book I fell in love with last Christmas, buying it for one of my nieces. Great pictures, fun story.

And you can't go wrong with a Christmas Mouse book by Laura Numeroff. This one is a circular story just like the others, but the trek to the movies leads to decorating trees and other Christmas time activities.

[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment