Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Gift ideas - books for kids, part 2

Today's gift recommendations come from the categories of books for older kids and graphic novels. You can go here to look at the books and here for the graphic novels on my Amazon store.

I had a hard time narrowing down my recommendations for older kids. This is my favorite age group to read right now, so I had lots of recommendations.

It should come as no surprise that Andrew Clements is on this list. There are also some books from Michael Buckley. Both of these authors have things to offer both girls and boys.

Other books for girls (or at least, books with female protagonists) are the Blog On! series and the Red Blazer Girls. Books for boys (or with male protagonists) include the Ordinary Boy series and the Quantum Prophecy series. And I just had to include personal favorites The Westing Game and the Harry Potter series. So many good choices for kids these days! There were many more I could have included, but this will give you a place to start.

If you are looking for books for the older kids on your holiday list, check these titles out here.

If you are looking for some graphic novels for the kids on your list, check out the Lunch Lady series, the Knights of the Lunch Table, or BabyMouse. A good stand alone graphic novel that we loved is Binky the Space Cat. You can check these titles out here.

{SIDE NOTE: I received a copy of Ella Bella Ballerina and Cinderella in the mail yesterday. It is a gift for my niece. The illustrations are gorgeous! I think I like this one better than the first one. If you have a little ballerina in your life - or your own "Ella," you should check it out!}

[I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you click to Amazon from one of my blogs, or from this store, and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.]

No comments:

Post a Comment