Friday, October 30, 2009

FRIDAY: Earlene Fowler's Benni Harper series


This is a long-time favorite series for me staring Benni Harper, a widow, who is the director of a folk-art museum in California. Fool's Puzzle is the first in the series and Tumbling Blocks is the most recent, #13. The author has written a couple stand alone books in recent years (The Saddlemakers Wife - which I read and enjoyed - and Love Mercy which I reviewed here), but according to her website, a new Benni Harper book should be out in May of 2010 (State Fair).

In the Benni Harper series, you get to enjoy Benni's ranching family, a love interest, and a whole bunch of cozy mysteries! Each book is named for a quilting pattern, and quilts and other crafts are featured through Benni's work at the folk-art museum.This is a series I enjoy re-reading. You can bet I will be first in line for the new book when it releases!

No comments:

Post a Comment