Friday, November 7, 2014

I SURVIVED, TRUE STORIES by Lauren Tarshis

I Survived True Stories: Five Epic Disasters

From the author of the great historical fiction series I Survived come five true stories of survival. The "voice" in these stories are fantastic and it makes the informational text accessible. There's great background information, too, about how the author started writing the fictional series.

My favorite stories in this book are the one about the blizzard and the one about the molasses flood. I had never heard of the molasses flood before, so that was fascinating (and gross!). This will be a huge hit with my students as well as the teachers at our school for their classrooms.

5 out of 5 stars

* I received an electronic copy of this book from the publisher for free in the hope that I would review it honestly on my blog. Regardless, I only review books I enjoyed. I don’t believe in passing on negative reviews. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment