Friday, October 3, 2014

IF: A MIND-BENDING NEW WAY OF LOOKING AT BIG IDEAS AND NUMBERS by David J. Smith

If: A Mind-Bending New Way of Looking at Big Ideas and Numbers

Concepts like the vastness of the universe, broken down into relatable concepts - like all the world's water represented by 100 drinking glasses or the planets represented by balls. This book translates things that are hard to fathom into images we can grasp.

I loved this book!! Colorful, interesting illustrations. Fascinating facts. I would read a hundred books like this - this is such a cool idea! This would be fantastic for science discussions, classroom use, car rides, and curious kids. This makes me want to check out other books by this author, pictured below.

5 out of 5 stars
No AR reading level at this time

If the World Were a Village - Second Edition: A Book about the World's People   If America Were a Village: A Book about the People of the United States   This Child, Every Child: A Book about the World's Children


* I received an electronic copy of this book from the publisher for free in the hope that I would review it honestly on my blog. Regardless, I only review books I enjoyed. I don’t believe in passing on negative reviews. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment