Tuesday, October 21, 2014

CRIME CATS: MISSING by Wolfgang Parker


A Halloween costume allows Jonas to talk to the neighborhood cats which is an asset when the cats start to go missing. Jonas and the Crime Cats (Neil and CatBob) are determined to capture The Beast that is roaming their town so the cats can be free and safe again.

This was a great read!! I liked the character of Jonas, who is trying to find his way and figure out who he wants to be in the midst of bullies and embarrassing but well-intentioned parents. Themes in the story include friendship, pets, pet safety and bullying. Looks at the question of what makes someone a hero. I normally skip the Halloween themed books but in this case it was there more to establish the setting of the story and some of the events rather than being a major focus of the book. Includes cat care tips in the back. I would definitely read more books in this series!

4 out of 5 stars
No AR reading level at the time of this writing.

Kindle version of this book is available for $2.99 at the time of this writing. Definitely worth the purchase price, in my opinion!

* I received an electronic copy of this book from the author for free in the hope that I would review it honestly on my blog. Regardless, I only review books I enjoyed. I don’t believe in passing on negative reviews. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment