Monday, March 10, 2014

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT by Sarah Mlynowski

Don't Even Think About It

A group of high school students receive the flu vaccine at school and within 24 hours they can hear other people's thoughts. This seems cool at first until they start to hear things they never wanted to know. Cheated on your boyfriend? Now everyone knows - including him. Parents considering a divorce? Now you know all the reasons. Your best friend might encourage you to your face, but what does she really say about you to herself? There are no secrets when your thoughts are laid bare to a couple dozen other people you spend every day with at school.

This is a great concept and it is well executed. We all have those thoughts we work to keep on the inside. But these kids can't shield their thoughts from one another anymore. This makes for some funny and awkward moments for everyone. Sarah Mlynowski is the author of the fabulous Whatever After series that my students adore. This book is definitely for a much older crowd than the fans she has at my school. There's some language and frequent innuendo, making this a better fit for older readers.

4 out of 5 stars

This book releases tomorrow, March 11, 2014.

* I received an electronic copy of this book from the publisher for free in the hope that I would review it honestly on my blog. Regardless, I only review books I enjoyed. I don’t believe in passing on negative reviews. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. 

No comments:

Post a Comment