Monday, February 17, 2014

FORGET ME KNOT by Mary Marks

Forget Me Knot

Martha Rose and her friends are planning a day of quilting with a new friend. They did not plan to find their new friend murdered. When one of the dead woman's quilts is stolen along with one of Martha's, she gets drawn farther into the mystery. Then, the dead woman's mother asks Martha to track down her daughter's quilts to see if they tell a story that explains what happened to her. Martha is compelled to keep digging until she can figure out what really happened.

This was a great mystery! Martha and her friends are likable, as is the detective/love interest. There were several possible solutions to the mystery to keep you guessing. I was able to figure out the solution, which is something that gives me great joy, but it wasn't "obvious." There were some cool things about different faith groups - funeral rites and things - that were interesting tidbits on top of the overall story. I am looking forward to sharing this one with my mystery-loving friends. And I am looking forward to reading more in this series!

4 out of 5 stars

* I received this book from the publisher, Kensington,  for free in the hope that I would review it honestly on my blog. Regardless, I only review books I enjoyed. I don’t believe in passing on negative reviews. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment