Tuesday, October 8, 2013

HAPPY WOMEN LIVE BETTER by Valorie Burton

Happy Women Live Better
Despite the technological advances of the last few decades, women are no happier with their lives than they were 50 years ago. The author's theory is that we are trying to do everything, and as we do that, we are becoming worn out and unhappy. We perpetually feel like we are running behind. We need to do more to develop habits of happiness.

This is a great book of encouragement for women! The author highlights happiness triggers like building anticipation, smiling, and cultivating gratitude. Practical suggestions and real life examples fill each chapter. My favorite recommendations were in the anticipation and gratitude chapters - there were some great suggestions there that I want to implement in my own life. I think this would be a great book for women to walk through together in a small group or Sunday school class.

4 out of 5 stars

* I received an electronic review copy of this book from the publisher for free in the hope that I would review it honestly on my blog. Regardless, I only review books I enjoyed. I don’t believe in passing on negative reviews. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment