Wednesday, September 11, 2013

THE SEA OF MONSTERS (graphic novel) by Rick Riordan

The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series)

I went back through the last four years of blog posts to see what I had said about the original The Sea of Monsters novel. All I could find was this. It's funny to me that when I wrote that, I liked Rick Riordan's Egyptian series better. For the last two years, I have been telling my students just the opposite. I love the Percy Jackson books. SOM (Sea of Monsters) is my least favorite book of both series, but I did enjoy it. This graphic novel is a good adaptation of the novel. I liked this one better than the GN that was done for The Lightening Thief. (Side note: The movie was good on its own merits. If you don't compare it to the book, it is enjoyable. If you compare it, you will be frustrated. The book is almost always better than the movie)

4 out of 5 stars
AR Reading level of 2.9

No comments:

Post a Comment