Friday, May 17, 2013

CHAPTER BOOK: Lawless by Jeffrey Salane

Lawless: Book 1

A great mystery staring a girl named M who gets into The Lawless School - a school that trains criminals. At first, M is just there to hone her heisting skills, but it's possible that Lawless holds the secrets she wants to know about her deceased father.

My husband is the one who discovered this book on the shelves of our spring Scholastic book fair. It somehow escaped my notice for a couple days, but when I started reading it, I couldn't put it down. It was terrific - great adventure, some great pranks and challenges for M and her friends at school, and lots of twists and turns to keep the reader wondering who are the good guys and who are the bad guys. No word yet on a sequel, but this is billed as a "book 1." There's also no AR quiz at the time of this writing, but I hope there is one soon - my students are eager to get their hands on this one!

4 out of 5 stars
No AR rating at this time

Recommended for: fans of action/adventure stories, mysteries, strong female characters


No comments:

Post a Comment