Friday, February 1, 2013

EARLY READER: Fly Guy Presents: Sharks by Tedd Arnold

Fly Guy Presents: Sharks



This is a non-fiction book about sharks, including pictures of different kinds of sharks, teeth, gills, etc. The book is "narrated" by Fly Guy and his friend, Buzz, on a trip to the aquarium.

I bought this book from Scholastic as part of a book fair preview pack for our school's spring fair. The book releases in stores on May 1. This will be a popular book with my students. My two kindergarten classes can't get enough books about sharks. The fact that Fly Guy is part of this may help them transition to Fly Guy books as well. I think this is a great format for kids' non-fiction, and I hope Scholastic and Tedd Arnold do more of these kinds of books. I think the format will draw kids in.

4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment