Monday, March 19, 2012

BOOK FAIR preview - Library Mouse AND Froggy Goes to Hawaii

We'll be having a book fair at our school in a couple weeks and I've been reading some of the books that will be part of the fair. This week I'll be posting about them. Today I'll be talking about two picture books from the fair, Froggy Goes to Hawaii and Library Mouse: A World to Explore.



Sam, the Library Mouse, meets Sarah, an adventurous little mouse who lives in another part of the library. Together they explore a travel display the librarian and some children have put up in the library. While Sam is a little scared to try new things, Sarah encourages him to be bold. Includes great illustrations with inside jokes for grown up readers. Sam realistically keeps his cautious nature, even in the face of Sarah's somewhat pushy fearlessness.

3.5 out of 5 stars
AR rating of 3.3


Fans of the Froggy series will enjoy seeing what he gets into when his family goes on vacation to Hawaii. Parents reading along may feel a little warn out - just like Froggy's family - from trying to keep up with Froggy. I've not read many Froggy books myself. In this book, I thought Froggy needed some lessons on self-control. I imagine my students will love him.

3 out of 5 stars
AR rating of 2.3

No comments:

Post a Comment